Advertisements
Advertisements
You will need to submit the homestudy, and everything else you are submitting, together with the application. They will not accept it seperately. You can call the Hague Unit to ask questions. Since the I-800A is still pretty new, our agency still wasn't too familiar with the process either.
And, yes, I would encourage you to call the NBS Hague Unit also if you are wondering when you will get your appointments. We are still waiting, but I do call every so often for an update. They are able to tell you what your "Case Date' is, meaning what date your case was received and deemed "complete." And they will also tell you the Case Dates that they are currently working on.
They are super slow right now as all of the cases are processed in one office now for the whole country. Everytime I call, the person who answers the phone is so incredibly nice and understanding.... I just wish there was soemthing we could do to speed the process up!
~sarah
Advertisements
How do I go about speaking with someone there? I only have contact information for our state office. Could you PM me that info? I'd appreciate it.:thanks:
Our timelines so far:
July 15th - submitted our I-800A to Charlotte USCIS
July 17th - receipt letter from Charlotte USCIS
August 20th - notice from Hague division (Lee's Summit) of receipt
September 23rd - date fingerprint appointment scheduled for
No other communication yet, so don't know if someone starts reviewing your documentation before your fingerprint appointment or not? Does anyone else know when they actually start looking at your documentation and paperwork?
I have called the Hague Division 2 times and the people have been very nice each time.
Here is our timeline...
We are in MI if that changes much.
9/03/08 New fingerprinting appts.
8/28/09 Call to USCIS they say we are still pending.
7/30/08 Frist fingerprinting appt. scheduled, but they had our addy wrong and we never got it!!!
5/28/08 I800 In the Mail! Waiting for Fingerprinting appt.
5/25/08 HS Completed!
I too have called the Hague unit 2x. -Very nice, friendly and helpful-in fact they called me back today to answer one of my questions. Today we called the number that was on DH's fingerprinting appt letter-which, we think was the National USCIS , but they didn't seem to know too much :-(
Advertisements
I called the national Hague office to find out what I needed to do to update my home study agency information. (Long story, but we had to switch agencies.) While I was on the phone with the the kind lady, she said, "I see you have a fingerprinting appointment for Sept. 11th." We hadn't received notice of this, so I was surprised and delighted. It took about 10 weeks. So, I just wanted to let everyone who is interested know that it took about 10 weeks from the time they received our I800A until we received our fingerprinting appointment. (about 12 weeks from submission of form until fingerprinting.) Hope that helps someone.
:prop:
blueamy76
I called the national Hague office to find out what I needed to do to update my home study agency information. (Long story, but we had to switch agencies.) While I was on the phone with the the kind lady, she said, "I see you have a fingerprinting appointment for Sept. 11th." We hadn't received notice of this, so I was surprised and delighted. It took about 10 weeks. So, I just wanted to let everyone who is interested know that it took about 10 weeks from the time they received our I800A until we received our fingerprinting appointment. (about 12 weeks from submission of form until fingerprinting.) Hope that helps someone.
:prop:
As it turns out (after 2 weeks of calling and talking to 3 different persons), there is someone in another state with my husbands same name adopting from the same country. I wondered why every time I spoke w/ someone I had to correct them on our agency. You would think that someone would have caught that. The national office has never received our application, so the last person I talked to is checking in to it.
Does anyone have a similar situation where the local office has received the I800A, but not forwarded it on to the national office? We received a receipt for the fee, and the lady I spoke w/ said that was a good sign as it has not then been denied. We've been waiting 12 weeks for our fingerprinting appointment! :hissy:
I am so sorry that happened and how upsetting! I know I was so upset that it took us over 12 weeks because somehow they got our address wrong!!! I have called the Hague office 3 times to change our address and each time they say, "oh your address IS wrong". Why couldn't you just fix it the last 2 times we called!!:mad:
Our SW said that they are a mess over there-ummm I have to agree! I will be praying you get your appt. soon now and can check it sucessfully off your list of to do's! DH and I just kept smiling at eachother and wishing each other "happy fingerprinting day!" LOL
Has anyone heard what happens after your fingerprint appointment is scheduled? Do you still have to wait for them to review your paperwork, or do they start looking at your paperwork (home study, etc.) before your fingerprint appointment?
Just wondering how long the wait might be after the fingerprint appointment....
Advertisements
Friends that I have that submitted an I600A, have been told 8 weeks to process after fingerprinting. But we haven't had our fingerprinting yet, so don't know for sure.
I called the USCIS Hague unit yesterday in Lee's Summit, MO to ask about their timelines. They said they are attempting (key word) to process all requests within 90 days of receipt. She did say that they are not reviewing your paperwork until after your fingerprint appointment, due to their workload right now.
Well, that is good to know. I at least know that "hopefully" they are now reviewing our paperwork. It will just be soooo frustrating to have to fix something on our homestudy now-4 months after it was done. I so want to be done with this paperchase already!
That's what I am dreading, that we will have to make changes to our homestudy. Our homestudy agency says they have done Hague compliant homestudies before, but I know this was the first one for the social worker that was assigned to us.
Advertisements
We had our fingerprints done yesterday...yeay!
Just wanted to share with some people who would appreciate the day, my friends just aren't getting it :-)
I know what you mean. The other day, DH's dad asked how long, and I started to explain all our problems w/ home agencies, CIS fingerprinting, what the next steps were, what we were waiting on, and DH was like, "I think he wants the short version." I was like, "Oh.... We're hoping for March or April." I guess sometimes other people don't really care about the process; they just want to know when the end result will be visible. Don't they want to share in our pain? Oh, well... :eek: