Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
We applied to CIS one month ago, and have still not been assigned a fingerprint date. How long has it been taking you all to get the date? Also, once you submit the fingerprints, how long does approval take?
I don't remember waiting a month last time; it seemed like we heard back right away, but maybe things are slowing down even at CIS w/ the new Hague regulations in April. Any thoughts? Thanks
:coffee: p.s. I put this little icon in here because I WISH that was what I was going to do this afternoon during naps :)
My impression is that is varies depending on what state you are in. We are in IL and we got our appts very soon after sending in our I600. But I have heard different things from other states...Not much help, I know!
Advertisements
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Too much coffee today! But it was Colombian coffee (is there any other kind?) and it was delicious!
Sorry to say that here in MN the USCIS process has slowed down tremendously since our first two adoptions. For our first two the entire experience took 3 weeks total. This time around it took from the end of November until March...ugh! We sent in our I-600A application the end of November and our fingerprint date wasn't until the beginning of January. Our homestudy was completed the end of January and we received our I-171H in mid-March. So much slower now than before. :eek:
But wait...will you be filing it in WI or MN? Maybe WI is faster?
Okay...a few precious minutes of naptime remain...and I think there is one last cup of coffee...:woohoo:
My understanding is that it takes longer now for those of us filing an I800A (now that we are a Hague country). Asides from the form being longer now, the case goes to the NBC and, I think, that's were the holdup tends to be. We just submitted our form yesterday so we'll see what happens.
USCIS has a page where you can check on the processing times for different forms. There is a separate link to the NBC but the I800A is not listed there yet. If I check our local USCIS, I don't see this form either (they are still listing the I600A).
What is the NBC?
These agencies change names so frequently. When we began our first adoption immigration was called INS, then it changed to BCIS and finally to USCIS - all within the span of one adoption process!
How does this affect those of us who filed an I-600A prior to April 1 if our adoption is completed before it expires - like in the case of an older/sibling group adoption? I would assume it is the same as it was/will be?
It is the National Benefits Center. In my mind, I see it as an outsourcing sort of thing. Our social worker says that they are the ones who review your homestudy, in much, much more detail now. If my husband understood correctly yesterday, they are located in Missouri. He talked to our local person in the orphan unit of USCIS but she said she doesn't know how long NBC will take to review our file.
For a BCIS page on timeframes, visit
[URL="https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp"]https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp[/URL]
though, as I mentioned, the new I800A is not listed there.
If I understand correctly, if you had filed an I600A before the I800A became a requirement, you should be fine.
Laura
Advertisements