Advertisements
Advertisements
This came up election night, when I was watching the returns with a few girlfriends (all husbands/partners were out of town or otherwise occupied) and the conversation devolved to who our wonky crush was. Each of us had a crush on some policy wonk. It was usually some kind of political commentator, but we decided it could be a public official as well, or even a public intellectual who was on the news a lot.
Mine is David Brooks, NY Times and PBS commentator - yes I know I'm a Democrat and he's a moderate Republican, but what can I say? He's really smart and I guess I find intelligent and temperate moderation very exciting. :p He always says stuff that I find insightful and to the point. And while David Brooks is not exactly a hotty, my husband is also a smart balding nerdy guy with glasses so apparently that's my type. (For a while my big TV crush was Alton Brown.)
Other wonky crushes revealed among my friends that night included Anderson Cooper and George Stephanopoulos. And someone where my husband works has a wonk crush on Joe Biden.
So come share - don't be shy! Whoever you are, left right or center, male or female - who's your wonky crush? I KNOW you all follow politics. . .
Advertisements
thanksgivingmom
hey ajax - don't you go spreading very possible rumors about my anderson :love:
Oh I agree!! Those are some fighting words :cowboy:
I'm tellin' you, Fadzi - I agree -- this is one interesting group and they really help me get thru a difficult day with a 2 year old (UGH!!!), when the humor kicks in.
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! I thank you, my toddler thanks you.
Advertisements
binkybear
Michael Smerconish. Great eyes. For wonky crush factors he's fine by me.
Funny, I actually know him. He lives near me.
SupaModel
Funny, I actually know him. He lives near me.
I LOVE that he's a local...totally jealous if you know my wonky crush. Pahleease give him a big wonky s.w.a.k from Binky :love:
:D
binkybear
I LOVE that he's a local...totally jealous if you know my wonky crush. Pahleease give him a big wonky s.w.a.k from Binky :love:
:D
Yeah him and his wife would come to my old salon. Although we just shaved his head! :D She's also a huge realtor in the area too. Small world huh?
Advertisements
KatiesEd-dad
Ann Coulter :love: Hubba hubba, come to pappa :love: Brains, beauty, conservative Republican and a bag of chips.
My husband likes her too. He says he couldnt decide who's hotter,Ann or Sarah Palin. Me, I have a crush on Sean Hannity. he"s hot & really smart too!
MB80sgirl
My husband likes her too. He says he couldnt decide who's hotter,Ann or Sarah Palin. Me, I have a crush on Sean Hannity. he"s hot & really smart too!
I've been banned from further comment by my DW. Apparently one shouldn't answer the statement "Well maybe Ann Coulter can get her butt over here and fold the laundry if you think she's such a hottie" with "Oooooooo, that would be sweeeeet" Always remember, if it felt good saying it, you probably shouldn't have. :arrow:
I've been banned from further comment by my DW. Apparently one shouldn't answer the statement "Well maybe Ann Coulter can get her butt over here and fold the laundry if you think she's such a hottie" with "Oooooooo, that would be sweeeeet" Always remember, if it felt good saying it, you probably shouldn't have. :arrow:
Thanks for my Saturday morning laugh!!
OMG, Ed, I sure hope your DW appreciates that you have an outstanding sense of humor. Seriously, just cannot be underrated in a marriage!
Advertisements