Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi!
I just joined this forum and I have a question for you experienced parents out there. I have a baby son who is biracial. His hair is gorgeous and curly but there is one little puff in the back that is very frizzy and sticks up. I think its cute now, but its getting pretty long and I was wondering whether I could put some product in it to make it curl up nicely like the rest of his hair. If he was a girl I would just put it in a ponytail, but alas. I read somewhere on here about Hair Milk. Does that work to curl up the frizzy parts of the hair? His hair is really soft and he's young so I don't want to go crazy, just get some ideas about how to manage it in the future without cutting off all of his beautiful curls! :)
Thanks!
My daughter is biracial and hair is a big thing. Im not familiar with hair milk but hair lotion works pretty good. Motions at Home is a good brand.
Advertisements
I've been having fantastic luck with regular coconut oil, lately. Make sure hair is damp, rub oil in your hands and smooth through. Her little curls soak it up...and it's not greasy at all...which is what I expected. So happy with the results...and it's pretty darned cheap. :)
My Sweet Husband and I use hair milk on our sweet girlies, it works to control frizz and provides hold, it also works as a good moisturizer, I have some in my hair product bag right now. my girlies like the smell to soy milk and honey.
Coconut oil is another good thing to use, which is very inexpensive. The kind we used was Softee coconut oil hair and scalp conditioner. It was a dollar and we got it at Walmart. The texture is like vaseline and it smells really nice. I always moisturized the hair right after their bath, when the hair was damp. My full AA son's hair was so thick and coarse that I could put a lot on it and the hair would soak it right up. With my biracial kids, any more than a tiny bit would make it look greasy, but neither had very coarse hair. My daughter's was beautiful curls, but she also had one spot that was more frizzy than curly, that needed more moisturizing, kind of like she got more of her Haitian birth father's hair genes on that one spot! They are 16, 18 and 22 now, so I don't have to (get to) take care of their hair any more. My daughter flat irons her beautiful curls every day, which makes me wish I could trade her my arrow-straight hair for hers. The boys both keep their hair real short and well trimmed. Sometimes I wish they would quit taking care of it, so they didn't attract quite so many girls!