Advertisements
Advertisements
Foster children and recent adoptees are often moved around quite a lot in the short lives. I have seen several who were terrified at Christmas time that Santa Claus would not be able to find them. One possible solution to put their minds at ease would be to have Santa write them a letter. A lot of websites and businesses offer this service at a variety of prices. The one I use is [url=http://www.ezsantaletters.com]Santa Letters - Letters From Santa - Personalized Santa Claus Letter[/url]. They have a wider selection of letters to choose from and edit so I can have one tailored to fit each individual child perfectly. It can really help the kids settle in if they believe that Santa knows where home is.
Just wanted to say that in 1999 our then 3 and 4 year old sons had just been adopted from Missouri to our home in Canada. Their former daycare sent absolutely BEAUTIFUL letters to them from Santa fully personalized where Santa talked about them being in a new family with a new mommy and daddy and their new brothers. IT was absolutely a highlight on that very difficult first Christmas as our kids were missing their former family (foster and birth) as well as transitioning into our home. Its a great idea for those with newly placed young children.
Advertisements
I do this every year for my boys and their friends...In fact, I just sent them out yesterday and received them today...
I don't use a program, but type them myself...
And this year, my boys' 3 best friends moved across state...they've had a rough year and this move was not welcome...So I sent them the letters because I KNEW they would be waiting for them, and this would be the one constant in their holiday season...