Advertisements
Advertisements
Who is still around? I'm here and my 2 boys are growing like weeds (seriously are). They have changed a lot this year. They are both in glasses now. My big guy is 4 inches taller than this time last year and my "little" guy is 7 inches taller.
They're still as rambunctious and fun as always. :evilgrin:
jalapeno
I'm here too! :)
My boys are now 18 months and almost 15 months. No more bottles here either. No more baby food. I wish I could say no more pacifiers! LOL. No more getting up in the middle of the night! Yay!! They've gone from babies who could barely roll over to climbers. Older DS is actually starting to get the hang of ladder steps. So he can get himself to the tallest slide at the park. They had their first trip to the zoo. Their first trip to the ocean. And their first overnight at Grandma's house. And now they're both starting to talk!!! Too cool!! :love:
They go from babyhood to toddler hood way too fast! The next thing you know, they'll be preschoolers, then school, then...oh I have to stop now!
Advertisements
Mine are almost three (in January) and almost one (in February). Still young, but I see the writing on the wall. Before I know if my sweet little boys will be off to college.
Oh boy can I relate! My 7 yr old just outgrew his 8 slims and needs 10 *sniff sniff* and my just turned 4 yr old is in 7 slims
Oh Ani....I hate that I have to shop in the boys 8-20 section.....Where did the time go?
Jalapeno
My boys are now 18 months and almost 15 months. No more bottles here either. No more baby food. I wish I could say no more pacifiers! LOL. No more getting up in the middle of the night! Yay!! They've gone from babies who could barely roll over to climbers. Older DS is actually starting to get the hang of ladder steps. So he can get himself to the tallest slide at the park. They had their first trip to the zoo. Their first trip to the ocean. And their first overnight at Grandma's house. And now they're both starting to talk!!! Too cool!!
You have had some of the most fun that boys start to experience. I remember the day that big M took the tall ladder of the biggest slid. I was so scared but he had a blast and I forget that I have to let them experience the fun even tho I worry. Sleep over and talking.....Life can't get much better or atleast until tomorrow when they figure out something new and great.
Being a parent is the most wonderful thing and I love every moment and love to hear that you all do too.
Merry Christmas you all!!
I'm here too! Cameron 13 months and doing well for the first time in his life. :love: He's sitting up unassisted, his vocal cord isn't paralyzed so much anymore (he can get loud), we have had almost 2 day of him not throwing up, and he's healthy this winter thus far! :woohoo:
We're hoping to have our adoption debt paid off within a couple years and then start again for baby boy #2.
Advertisements
Hey everybody!
I've been away for awhile. I had a complicated year, but I'm dedicated to returning to "the boys" forum and thought I'd reintroduce myself.
I'm the blissful, exhausted mom of two boys. H is going to be 9 on St. Patrick's Day and is our little athlete. He's also super into online games like Club Penguin.
E just turned 3. He's going to be a movie star, a politician or a greeter at WalMart someday: he LOVES attention and is super friendly. And a huge flirt!
Here's a pic of my guys. I wouldn't trade them for the world. Thanks for welcoming me back....
Donna so happy to see you back on the forums!! :clap:
I think there are a few of us here can say that 2008 was a tough year. I for one am looking forward to an awesome 2009.
Your boys are adorable!!!! Can't wait to hear more.
Michelle
I was not on this before but here I am now!
My boy is just 3. No more bottles but still in diapers and no interest in potty training and still using his pacifiers.
I can't believe how big he is despite all that! I think I am the one who does not want him to give that stuff up. I get sad when I look at the baby section in Target or anywhere. I never understood when people said it is bittersweet but now I do.
He is so much fun though! It just gets more and more fun everyday!
Linda welcome!!
One thing my doctor told me about boys the average for potty training was 4...so you're okay. Each child developes differently.
Oh wow...the regard to being sad when looking at the baby ads and clothes...I to get really sad. Especially when I think that my baby will start kindergarten this next fall.
You're fun with your son is everyday. The changes and things they do each day is amazing and down right fun (well can be frustrating too....lol). Enjoy each day, time goes way to fast.
Michelle
Advertisements
linda512
I was not on this before but here I am now!
My boy is just 3. No more bottles but still in diapers and no interest in potty training and still using his pacifiers.
I can't believe how big he is despite all that! I think I am the one who does not want him to give that stuff up. I get sad when I look at the baby section in Target or anywhere. I never understood when people said it is bittersweet but now I do.
He is so much fun though! It just gets more and more fun everyday!
Okay, I'm right there too. Cameron is 14 months old and hasn't had a haircut. Nope. I refuse to admit that he's old enough to need a haircut. He's Native American, so he can pull off long hair, but I just can't let go of him being my tiny little baby. I can use the excuse of not being able to take him anywhere during cold/flu/rsv season. I just can't accept yet that he's old enough to need a haircut. :arrow:
SO- we all think it's okay if he keeps his diapers and pacifiers for a few more years to satisfy his mom, right :)? Just kidding- we are weaning the pacis and will say bye bye soon. And I am not pushing the potty training- encouraging it, but not pushing it. I hear so many people say they spent so much energy on it and then when the child was ready they trained quickly. So, I will either be really smart or feeling really silly when he is not trained for kindergarten!
Linda,
I tried to potty train AJ for a year...He had NO interest, and would put up a fight...Finally at 3 1/2, I knew he HAD to do it within the next 3 months because he was starting preschool...
And he pretty much trained in a week...what a waste of a year - haha...
Now JD pretty much trained himself at age 2...Go figure.
Linda it will happen....potty training. He will let you know when he is ready. In the mean time I am sure you are reading books and talking about it all the time with him.
DDW.....I so understand that first haircut and wanting to keep them the baby you remember not think they are becoming a toddler. I am now in the mod of I can't believe my youngest will start kindergarten this next fall.
Keep us posted on how all goes guys.
Advertisements
dragonfly1234
I am now in the mod of I can't believe my youngest will start kindergarten this next fall.
I'm right there with ya...I think I'm going to have a breakdown on JD's first day of Kindergarden... :arrow:
So funny, this talk of kindergarten!
I just emailed someone that I'd be happy to take on an illustration job for them...in fall 2011, when E enters kindergarten!!!!
Guess I'm anticipating that date with a combination of excitement and dread.