Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We just brought home our baby girl in November, and I am 47, DH is almost 44. AND we are thinking we may do this one more time!
Both DH and I are "late bloomers". We didn't marry until we were 38/35, we brought home our daughter from Guatemala when I was 41, and our son from Korea when I was 43.
This wasn't how I saw my life working out - no, I always assumed I'd start my family when I was in my early 20s, and have a house full by my mid-30s!
I have definitely thought about the age thing. But honestly, isn't 47 the new 37?? People live longer now, and we have younger attitudes than previous generations. I was raised by my maternal grandparents, and they were both 48 when I was born. I went home from the hospital with them, and lived there til I was 20 and got married. They both lived well into their 80s, and even though I was sometimes embarrassed because my "parents" were so much older than the other kids' parents, I loved them completely, and know that I was incredibly blessed by being raised by them.
Maybe that gives me a little different perspective, I don't know. But I plan on doing my best to be here for my children as long as possible, and staying healthy and fit, and I hope to actually live to see my grandchildren one day!
If you have the desire, and the energy, don't let numbers bother you. Oh, and there are plenty of bmoms who choose "older" parents - it happened to us!