Advertisements
Advertisements
Pretty much for the moms out there, sincce I'm a mom...lol. Dads can clearly answer as well.
Is it the norm to find yourself, as a single parent and adult adoptee, without any support or help in raising yur child from your adoptive family? I mean NO support:P begrudging babysitting marked by LOTS of complaints; more complaints about you not giving up your dreams to raise your child; constant critisism about every aspect of your parenting?
I know there's always been a diffrence of opinion in regards to parenting styles from generation to generation, but is outright refusal of help normal for adoptees?
I am an adoptee and a single parent to my daughter adopted over 2 years ago. My amom lives next door to me and has always been supportive of me being a single parent. She has regular activities with my daughter and helps me in a jam when she can. My adad adores my daughter but lives nearly 1000 miles away so doesn't see her often. He did question the idea of becoming a single parent early on in the process but he got on board rather quickly. I think he enjoys it because my daughter is not an easy child and he didn't think I was an easy child -- so he likes that "payback" part of it.
Samantha
Advertisements