Advertisements
Advertisements
I am considering home schooling my 11 yr old for the next school year(7th grade). I'm looking for input about the types of curriculum you have used and if it was an all inclusive curriculum or did you put one together from different sources.
My DD is the top of her class, in gifted and talented and does many extra curricular activities. She's is a really great kid and we feel she isn't being challenged at school and that she would progress faster at her own pace. She is on the brink of being completely bored now.
I build my own curricuulum. I find there are subjects that kids find easy and can work well above grade level to keep from being bored. Then there are other classes where I find a need to back track for missing pieces of info so my child can get moving forward.
I've used online programs but I prefer to teach a winder range of things and add what sparks my child's interest.
I get a lot of stuff from Christian Book distributors
Advertisements
I am currently homeschooling my 11 year-old daughter. I really like Teaching Textbooks for math. I guess it just depends on what you want. We use Apologia for science and it is very challenging. It is from a Christian perspective, as many homeschool programs are. Depending on where you live, there will probably be a homeschool convention sometime in the spring. It is the best way to get a feel for what will work for you.
Best wishes,
Shelley - mom to 5 in PA