Advertisements
Advertisements
I will be adopting (hopefully :woohoo: ) as a single parent. Being a speech therapist in the public schools I have seen many kids in the foster system and the need for permenancy (sp). I am doing this because I know I can provide stability and tools for children that will need it.
I am aware that I am single and I do believe that children idealy/statistically do better in two-parent homes. I do however, admire the few single women I know raising children unselfishly providing role models of good men they know (be it a grandfather, friends that are married etc.)...and letting them learn from married couples as well. Since I hope to provide these opportunities for my child(ren) I wanted to ask what any of you single parents do? Do you purposefully seek out couples be it family members and make sure your kids spend some time with them? Do you do "male bonding" days where you send your little guys out with grandpa or uncle or whatever? (or if the opposite applies what do you do to encourage female role models as well)
My biggest concern as a single parent will be that my child won't witness healthy conflict resolution between two parents, any of you have any experience of how you went about teaching them those skills?
Yes I want to adopt, but more importantly I want to do right by my future child(ren). Any comments or advice would be highly appreciated so I may digest information and continue growing in my journey. I'm also posting this under general adoption thread.
sachin is role model for my son, he want to make carrier as a crickter.
[url=http://www.autismchildparenting.com]How Does Autism Affect Children[/url]
Advertisements