Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hello.
We're in a different county, but what you describe sounds familiar. We went in as foster-to-adopt, and we've been matched with two sisters (ages 3 and 2) who have already been TPR'd. We're meeting the oldest of the two on Wed. She has some pretty severe special needs. During our training, I was under the impression that DFCS wanted a clear division of foster and adoption (foster-to-adopt). From everything I've read on the boards, it does seem that fostering has a lot of risk if you're looking to adopt. However, many say that, if one goes into the journey with acceptance of that, the "forever" child(ren) do come along.
In our case, I knew that we, and our kids, could not let go very easily. Therefore, we were interested in children who had been TPR'd or were pretty close...
Since our match, it has seemed to move very slowly. However, in GA, caseworkers have to take furlough days without pay. I'm sure this slows things down even more. Our girls' caseworker has to travel quite a bit. I really try to express appreciation for the time she takes to help our adoption placement along.
Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.