Advertisements
Advertisements
The end of last month while I was playing on the computer I did a search for adoptable kids in Missouri. I was really just browsing because my babysitter and her adult daughter foster and adopt and my friend eagerly wanted to adopt twin 18 month old girls currently under their care.
Well to my surprise I found a sibling group that touched my heart. Three kids- two girls and a boy. The oldest one wants to live in a rural community and as my username suggests I live in a very rural community. My husband and I talked about it and he agreed to start the process.
We have two biological children. son 4 and daughter 2. I read the profile to my son and he has now named my fingers - each one for a child, including himself and his little sister. It is so cute. He keeps asking me when we are driving to their house far away and getting them because he wants one big brother and two big sisters. I pray we get them.
We made phonecalls and are supposed to be hearing back from the kids' case manager within 30 days as well as the casemanager that handles 3 locate counties about what I need to do to start the process. To speed things up we filled out and mailed our application today.
How long does it take? I am very nervous. What do I need to do to get ready? How clean does my house need to be? I have two small children and work 3-4 days a week right now. I'll be honest, my house is a mess. I plan on thouroughly cleaning asap, but what do I need to focus on? Any advice on what I should do and the steps and length of each step would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements