Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi, Scott, great to *see* you on here again!!!
Unfortunately, they are no where near ready to reopen adoptions in Guat. There was a U.S. DOS legislative briefing on the issue a couple weeks ago. They had sent (I believe) the 4th in command under Hillary to visit Guat, see what CNA is up to, how us pending cases are doing, etc....and her findings were presented in that meeting. From what I understand, the DOS has said it will not even consider reopening to Guat until 1) ALL transition/lingering cases have been completed (which they are far from being) and 2) Guat's new CNA is up to par (which they are also far from doing/being).
On the flipside, just IMO, CNA is starting to feel the heat and you will most likely see a lot of *raids*, etc start up again so that it appears they are in fact doing *something*. They recently posted a notice that all state hogars must register with them and meet certain requirements. It's all just an absolute mess, esp considering no one knows what the requirements are and when they do decide on something, it changes (can someone say PGN all over again?) Anyway, not much has changed in the way of improvements. I had high hopes for CNA, but unfortunately, it seems we are getting back to the same problems. I think only 57 cases have actually completed since CNA took over...and over 300 of us are still out there waiting. Not to mention all the poor children with no where to go and no hope of a forever family, esp. as hogars feel the weight of all this.