Advertisements
Advertisements
Please don't take this as a flame post! But I am extremely curious.
My name is Anthony, I am a 13 year old boy who attends Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School and lives in Virginia, and (was) also an orphan. My birth parents passed away when I was three, I'm not really sure how they've died,as it seems as if everyone's trying to keep it a secret from me. I attend lots of psychiatric sessions throughout the month because I have recently started to have nightmares, and is also suicidal, I have thoughts of killing myself but I never attempted to, though.
I dislike my new foster parents greatly, they're white (not the reason), and they force me to attend church every Sunday.
But I wish to know the positive effect of adopting someone. A child, scared, lonely, in an orphan house, surrounded by a bunch of kids who might be a complete a**hole to them for whatever reason. Don't being adopted only add to the mental abuse of an already troubled child?
I mean:
1. New parents (strangers), brother(s), sister(s), etc. (No telling what kind of people may adopt a child, they could be pedophiles, for all we know).
and 2. New location, etc. (No telling where these people live, either).
A whole lot of things a troubled child must adjust to.
If you look close enough, don't you see how inhumane adopting a child is? And how negatively it may effect that child? I do.