Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm not sure if there is anyone out there that has been in my position but I need some help. When I was 17 my daughter Miranda Nicole Lions (spelling may be different) was taken by her mother from Alabama to Florida when she was only a couple of months old. I wasn't ever told her date of birth so I am at a dead lock with that also when her mother took her to florida I didnt know until it was to late that she gave her up for adoption. So it is now almost 21 years later and I am still looking and hoping and praying that I can still find her. I have very little information to go on besides my little girls name and her mothers name which is Nicki or Nicole Lions (spelling may be different). I do have some information that her mother may have went to Wauchula Florida (or surrounding area) or Wakulla County, Florida. I am not sure which one. If there is anyone that may have any suggestions or tips on how I may be able to handle my search for my daughter please respond. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about her. Thank you and God Bless
Advertisements
yes we have looked on facebook and on classmates. my wife was adopted and found out most of all her info on her birth parents from classmates. i just am at a stand still right now. i dont even know if she knows that she is adopted(if she was). do u have any pointers or know any other routes i can go?
mmm. Not sure, but i remember searching everywhere, with her mothers name, parents name, brothers name, church, anyone "connected" to her. I found the first picture on photobucket of all places. There are "search angels" who are on this site, that from what I understand, are very good at this.
Good Luck, I know how frustrating it can be.
Hi Sammy,
I am so sorry you are in this position. I want to give you as many tips as possible. Please remember that your little girl's name may no longer be Miranda Nicole. It is likely her adoptive parents would have changed her name. There are search angels on this site who may be able to seek out amended birth certificates with your daughter's "old" name on it. Please also keep in mind that she may have been adopted out of state, and may no longer be in Florida. If you could get hold of an amended birth certificate you could find her new name and maybe some hope. I don't suppose you do, but do you have Miranda's birth certificate? Because when a birth certificate is amended, the numbers on it don't change. That may make it easier for you to find her. Also, Ancestry.com and Myspace.com are good places to check.
I am an adoptee. Private adoption. I called my adopted mother's best friend when I was forty. She had no emotional investments that many years later and she gave me the family name which led to my finding both my birth parents.
Keep trying and don't leave any stone unturned.
Good Luck
Advertisements
Some things you can do. Register with isrr.org, register here on adoption.com. One thing that I did that I was not aware that could be done is to find the state dept of record or where they have birth records and see if you can get a listing of all births for the year in question with the mothers last name. It may be a place to start. good luck
If you know the month of birth and year. You can haveva DMV search in Florida. Miranda is not a popular name. It should come up.
sodak57
Some things you can do. Register with isrr.org, register here on adoption.com. One thing that I did that I was not aware that could be done is to find the state dept of record or where they have birth records and see if you can get a listing of all births for the year in question with the mothers last name. It may be a place to start. good luck
It is actually [url=http://www.isrr.net]ISRR - International Soundex Reunion Registry[/url] just so there is no frustration.
Sodak, if you are still looking in South Dakota, there is a mutual registry with the state.
Advertisements