Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a foster mom who is in the beginning stages of the Termination of the birth parents rights. After that, I am adopting him. My question is does anyone know if I can post photos of him on my blog? The birth mom is missing and has been for about 4 months now, so it is not like the case worker can even ask for permission.
He is my family, and I just told everyone in my family that I am adopting him. They want to see him as most of them follow my blog and are not local to come see him. Just wanted to make sure this is not a foster care rule. There are some "different" ones out there that they don't seem to always tell you about... :) :) :)
I'm not in your area, but in most states the answer to this is NO. You do not have rights to the child's image yet, because you are not yet the child's legal parent.
It's not so much an "internet" rule as it is a privacy rule. So if your blog is set completely private, and nobody could view his picture unless you have personally invited them to your blog, or accepted their request to your blog, and if the list of people who could view your blog is no more extensive than your christmas card list, then you may be able to post it.
Ask the caseworker, and get her response in writing. That's the only way to be mostly sure if it's OK.
Advertisements