Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm in the process of putting together my family photo album for fost/adopt. This is the album the social workers look at, along with my homestudy, to match me with a child, so I want it to be really nice.
Does anybody know of a good source to have a professional photo album made from my digital photos? I found one software package that would let me upload the photos and add captions and clipart and then send it to them electronically for printing and binding, but it was incredibly expensive. I was hoping someone could recommend something cheaper for getting a professional album.
Thanks in advance!
Advertisements
We did ours with shutterfly and LOVED the way it turned out. Looked very professional and we even ordered more afterwards for us at the house (different pics etc)
I used scrapblog in photobucket. It was a lot of fun and very easy. I can't wait to make more. They are about $35 though. My licensing worker and her supervisor were very impressed and said it was the best one they have ever seen. :)
Do you have any friends or family who scrapbook? It is a little more personal than using digital art and looks really great! And I am sure they pricing would be more reasonable, although supplies can be expensive depending on how elaborate you want it. Also....time could be a factor.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. It seems like no matter which I go with it will cost between $35 and $60 per book. That wouldn't be so bad if I only needed one, but my agency requires that I have 5 of these things printed! Oh well, I think that still comes out cheaper than the software package I was considering.
UTbrie: Thank you for the suggestion to do scrapbooking. I agree that this would look more personal (and may be less expensive). Unfortunately, I come from an extremely creativity-challenged family, so I think I better stick to the electronic formats with pre-designed templates.
Advertisements