Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We were licensed 12/17/08 and received our first placement on 12/27/08. They were an emergency placement of two little boys. At the time they were 22 months and 32 months (brothers). For the first month we didn't know how long they would be with us. In March we took their 4 year old brother and just this month we took their 8 year old sister. We are soon to be placed with their 20 month old sister. We went from no kids to will be 5 kids in 9 months! The case plan was concurrent/RU. Due to psychologists recommendations, physician recommendations, FCRB, parent aide, CPS the case plan was changed to severance and adoption. The TPR trial has begun and will extend into AT LEAST the end of October. (It's a pretty intense case) I know as foster parents we are supposed to support RU. I did for at least 6 months. We had a great relationship with the bios. They just aren't willing to change. They don't think they have done anything wrong. If TPR goes through I will hurt for them because they DO love their children but I pray everyday TPR goes through. These kiddos have been exposed to some terrible things and had lived a rough life with their parents. With this case it is LITERALLY a matter of life or death. SO although we are supposed to support RU no matter how hard it would be on us....sometimes you just CAN'T.