Advertisements
Advertisements
i gave up my beautiful baby boy he was born 10/08/1988 at huzel hospital in detroit mi. his name was robert curtis-michael bradley. as i am embarking on his 21st b-day it is hard for me not knowing where he is. I knew that giving him up was going to be the hardest thing i would ever endure in life but i never thought that after all these years i would still feel the emptiness that has such a hold on me. all of this time i have always felt a part of me was missing but these days it is even more evalent. i can't stop the ache that i feel in my heart. i have such a sad background and just recently found a brother of mine that was put up for adoption when we were kids (he was younger than me and the state took him) I have spent most of my adult life searching for missing family members but have yet been able to find him and it is killing me inside. i just recently found this site and am so happy that i have somewhere i can vent my feelings because for so many years i have had i hid them. does anyone have any advice?
Spitfire, I don't know a lot about search/reunion, but others here can better help with that. Was your child placed through an agency? Can you contact the agency and see if they can so a search for you? Also, have you gone onto the different registries to put your info out there and/or see if you son has his info out there?
I am sorry you have suffered in silence for so many years. Please keep coming here and talking and getting it all out. I really does help.
:grouphug:
Advertisements
i have tried the agency but they won't help as for michigan has a closed record policy. thank you for your support. I am so happy that other people do care.
There is a "Reunite" section on adoption.com with ideas for searching. There is also information for each state, as well as a list of registries. You should submit your information on every mutual consent registry you can find.
Your son is only 20, and young men at that age are often pre-occupied with college, girlfriends, and life in general. A lot of adoptees are not ready to search at that time in their lives. Sometimes adoptees don't feel the need to search until they have their own children...so don't ever give up hope that you will be eventually reunited.
Best of wishes to you. And this is the place to come and share your feelings with other bparents. (I'm an adoptee, by the way.)