Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. DH is being transferred to the Charlotte headquarters sometime in November. We have only been to MI when we adopted our baby girl last November, and that was in suburban Detroit. I thought it was nice. Great people.
Can anyone tell me if Lansing is a nice place to live? I am thinking that Charlotte itself will be too small a town for my taste, so we will be looking in Lansing for an apartment/house.
Are there any certain areas we should look at, or any we should avoid? I guess the most important things are a place that isn't riddled with crime, that has okay schools, and is family-friendly (we have 3 kids so far).
Also, does anyone know of an adoptive parent support group for once we get up there? Boy, a little scary - I grew up and spent the first 43 yrs of my life in Florida, and the next 4 here in SC. Michigan seems SO FAR away!!!
I am in SE Michigan in a Detroit suburb, but my husband and I both grew up just north of Lansing in DeWitt. My inlaws and several of my husband's siblings still live there and my parents live in East Lansing. PM me if you want and I would be glad to help you any way I can. :)
Two of my SIL's and one of my BIL's are teachers in suburbs of Lansing so I will get their feedback on the local schools these days. There are nice areas of Lansing and some not nice at all areas of Lansing. Like with any city. But there are also lots of suburbs that would put you closer to Lansing, but not in the city itself.
Advertisements