Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I have an 11 month old who was born addicted to meth. i picked him up from the hospital at 2 days old, the hospital said he was very irritable. I did not see that, what I saw in the beginning was lathargic. HOWEVER, that couldve been because he was having breathing issues and did not have enough oxygen. He quit breathing on me and I rushed him to the hospital and within 10 minutes of being there he started crashing and it tok over an hour to get him stable. We spent 6 days in there and left on a apnea monitor, we were on that for 5 months. He has had LOTS of problems, that could be from the meth, it could be from premature, or just not the healthiest infant.????who really knows. He is still not stable. He has been diagnosed failure to thrive because he keeps losing weight and has no appetite. he has breathing issues and has had to have 2 surgeries so far. He is spastic, he acts like he is on crack. Obviously it is no longer in his system but most meth babies will often have adhd issues and also can have learning disabilities and be developementally delayed. Just make sure she is aware that all of these things are a possability. I do not regret taking him in as my foster son but never would have known exactly what I was getting myself into. But I love this little guy with my everything. Hes the best!!! Do you know why they want him to be in the hospital for 7 weeks? Thats a long time. was he a preemie and how early was he? our guy was only 4 weeks early and weighed 5lb 9oz.wish her luck she is going to need it