Advertisements
Advertisements
I didn't really know where exactly to post this, but I figured it might fit here best.
Does anyone have any tattoos for/in dedication to their placed child?
Have you ever thought about getting something done in their honor?
Any opinions on such things?
I'm a fan of tattoos and I've been tossing around the idea of getting a tattoo in honor of my son, not his name or anything, just something that has meaning to me/my SO. My dad and my stepmom have/are in the process of getting tattoos for me and my sisters, so I guess it just makes sense to me to have one for my son.
Just wanted to update--I finally got that mouse tattoo. It's still wrapped up, but it looks great; just in time to have it healed for his birthday visit. =)
Advertisements
Our daughter's first mom is planning on getting her name tattoed, she has one for her oldest son with his name and is getting her other parented children's names so she's doing daughter's name as well. I think it will be lovely. We are in an open adoption, so if S ever sees the other kids names I'm sure she would ask about her name too.
I've always thought about getting a tattoo but never took the plunge. I love the tattoo mentioned about the Triangle of Love. I might have to think about something like it, somewhere it's not seen easily b/c of my job.
My son's birth father had DS's name tattooed in HUGE letters across his chest. He did this days after DS was placed with us. He has now decided not to be part of our OA and he told our sons' first mom that he regrets getting it so large in such a prominent place because now he has to explain right away to any new girlfriends. I am glad he has it because some day if he and DS reconnect DS will see that tattoo and knwo how much he has always meant to first dad even though he chose not to be part of his life.
I love the sunshine, triangle of love and mouse tatoos!
I came up with a plan just last week to get a tattoo of his right footprint from the hospital on my abdomen where he would push that right foot out while he was inside and I would rub it.
SomethingSerene
I love the sunshine, triangle of love and mouse tatoos!
I came up with a plan just last week to get a tattoo of his right footprint from the hospital on my abdomen where he would push that right foot out while he was inside and I would rub it.
That's beautiful!
Advertisements
susie_book: Congrats on finally getting your tattoo. I have no idea when I'll be getting mine, but hopefully soon!
SomethingSerene: I love that idea!
Aww.....the mouse tattoo is absolutely adorable!!!! I will try to take a picture of my Triangle of Love tattoo and post it later tonight.
I'm an amom and my bmom and I both got the chinese symbol for family tattooed on our left ankles around our son's 1st b-day. Its something that connects us and reminds us of the committment we made to each other and our son.
Advertisements
YES YES YES!!! I am a birthmother who found her birthdaughter a little over a year ago. We are going to get a tattoo together to symbolize the adoption. If you google the adoption symbol, you will find a multi-colored triangle intertwined with a heart that is supposed to represent the connection we will have forever.
SunshinesMommy
I didn't really know where exactly to post this, but I figured it might fit here best.
Does anyone have any tattoos for/in dedication to their placed child?
Have you ever thought about getting something done in their honor?
Any opinions on such things?
I'm a fan of tattoos and I've been tossing around the idea of getting a tattoo in honor of my son, not his name or anything, just something that has meaning to me/my SO. My dad and my stepmom have/are in the process of getting tattoos for me and my sisters, so I guess it just makes sense to me to have one for my son.
djc0501: That is the tattoo I got! I wanted something that would symbolize my daughter and me. The adoptive parents sent me a necklace with that charm on it and when I stopped being a chicken and got my tattoo, that is the only one I could think of that I would never regret!! And I look at this tattoo every day and think of my daughter. As much as I miss her, this small token makes me feel connected to her. :)
Thank you very much for sharing on your triangle tattoo! I loved it! I was adopted, and have been looking for awhile now, I think I just may get a triangle when I find her! WOW!
I am working on a chest piece dedicated to my daughter I lost through adoption. It's a phoenix to symbolize how her birth changed me for the better and how she will always be with me. It's in it's early stages, I am adding in a background of daises (Her birth flower) soon though.
Advertisements
I have a tattoo of my sons foot print and his first and last name that the aparents gave him. Also I didn't bother waiting I knew when I was pregnant I was going to get one I got it when he was 4 months old
I know this is an old post, but really liked everyone's perspective on tattoos representing their child, adoption, relationships, etc!