Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I am a single prospective adoptive parent. I initially thought that I would commit to an agency until a friend who recently adopted forwarded an e-mail from another agency that was looking for home study approved families for an "urgent need" situation. This made me start questioning whether I should tie myself down to one agency or keep my options open. I contacted an independent home study organization and I start my home study next week (with no agency commitment yet).
Can anyone give suggestions on how I can network with multiple agencies or sources once my homestudy is complete? Is this even possible?
Thanks!
Advertisements
Single mom wanting a coon? Are you looking to raise your own mandingo or are you hoping to be attacked in your old age by an ungrateful porch ape?
Perhaps you have been living alone too long and have gone insane.
We were active with a consulting agency who linked us to four other agencies. We heard from 3 of them pretty often. we matched twice-both quickly. One decided to parent and the other is our son's firstmom. Good luck to you!
I would also love to hear about folks experiences in this area... How many other agencies/resources did you work with? What ones did you find to be the most helpful? Pros/Cons of working with 1,2,3,4 agencies/resources...???
Feel free to PM me...:o
Advertisements