Advertisements
Advertisements
crick
I think the number one deciding factor for me would be "Does Kaiser have the heart program/care that the Children's Hospital has?" If not, then I'd use his primary insurance for regular things and medical for his heart stuff.
I have all my kids on both insurances and it's never been an issue at all. We don't have the health challenges though.
You might pm Suzberg and ask her what she does for her dd E. I know she hasn't been on as much lately so she might not see your post.
i'm fairly certain you can not use medi-cal this way. unless your primary kaiser doctor refers you back to the heart program in your current facility, kaiser will not pay at all and medi-cal will not foot the entire bill. the hospital will try to get kaiser to pay it, and kaiser won't if you didn't get a referral for that appt/procedure first. the hospital will try to get medi-cal to pay the entire bill, and they will not because kaiser is your primary. with neither medi-cal or kaiser wanting to accept responsibility for the bill, they will send it to YOU. this actually happend to me when i was new to all of this and didn't really get it all. it isn't fun.