Advertisements
Advertisements
I am searching for my birth mother whose maiden name was Barbara Lund, who gave birth to me on 6/29/1951 in Buffalo N.y I have been looking for years and really need some help to see if I have any siblings too. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Hello I am an adoptee, born in 1955,I was adopted in Manhattan N.Y.First of all,do you know the Agency from which you were put up for adoption? If still alive, your adoptive parents might have documents to hand over to you.You should try and write to the Salvation Army, they had many maternity shelters.If you have a paper stating who you are and what you know about your adoption,have it noterized (this is a must) The Salvation Army will search for you through ALL their documents in all the cities where they had shelters,give them the details of where you where born,if you know them. They will ,as I said, search to see if your natural mother resided with them during her pregnancy or just after your birth.This is a GOLD MINE ofinformation you could have addresses your grandparent names, ifyou are lucky the name of your father and much more.Believe me, many many young woman went to them, it was not easy to be pregnant at that period of time, they were so shunned by society,poor girls.On another corde,you might consider doing a DNA test,since you are a man.Men have Y-DNA,that means that The "Y"DNA is transmitted from father to son, NEVER CHANGING this means never changing for hundreds and hundreds of years.In our society surnames are kept from father to son also.What I am trying to say is with the Y-DNA test you might simply hit upon a surname (mind you it has to fairly uncommun) that will guide you to your natural father, if you could find his family, they might be able to give you information on your mother!Woman do not have Y-DNA and can not do this test, so in this case you are very lucky.I had my bio-brother do this, he is said to be my full sibling,it gave us some information about his father.I suggest that you google the story of The adoptee Richard HIll,who is a little older than the both of us.His story might interest you very much! Try finding your natural father's family in order to find your mother, it is the other way around but might prove fruitful! If you have any questions don't hesitate
Regards Cyprien and don't give up it might take you awhile
Advertisements