Advertisements
Advertisements
So, this is all very new to me, and pretty tough to handle. I found out a couple of years ago, that my mom gave up a baby who would have been my little brother, back before I was even old enough to know what was going on. I really don't get a whole lot of information from her, she can't even tell me the day he was born. We were very poor, and she just couldn't handle the burden of myself and another boy, as a single mother i guess.
I know it's kind of a long shot, but I really want to find him, if to just speak to him once and see if he has any interest in knowing who I am. Its made worse because I have no idea of his name, his adoptive family's name, or anything. The only things I know are that the family that adopted him was from Pella, Iowa, and that my mother used Bethany Christian services. She said it was an open adoption, but given her spotty memory on the whole subject, I don't know. I am 24 years old, and from what i have gathered, my brother would be about 2 or 3 years younger than myself, with a birthday sometime in the month of November, like myself.
As I said, I know this is a real long shot, but does anyone have suggestions? I really finally decided to do this for sure just recently, and it has been tearing me up, knowing that all my searching may end with nothing. I have put in a call to the Pella, IA branch, but have yet to hear anything back from them. Please, if anyone has a suggestion, I would love to hear it. Thanks!
Richard Palmer
Advertisements