Advertisements
Advertisements
I got offer from shutterfly to get a free photobook and was super excited until I saw there is no where to write any info on the page. Has anyone used another online site where you can do actual picture book with wording? I have a lifebook that I did in a 3 ring binder but I am ready to upgrade to a hardcover book for my son now that has a bit more detail about his adoption. Any recommendation would be great as I am not a scrapbooker and I think online photo book would be way easier for me.
Thanks
Deb
look around shutterfly some more. i've done my last 2 lifebooks there. there are different templates you can choose for each page, and plenty of them have places for you to write. :)
Advertisements
Thanks I will do that. I figure they are probably just offering the cheaper of photbooks that don't have place for text. But I will look around and see what they have to offer. Thanks!
when you go to the photobook section, choose one you like that is on sale, and then start to build it, when you get to the point that you are ready to make pages, it will ask you to choose a layout for each page, and then you can choose from multiple layouts, many with places for writing. if you get stuck, pm me and i will log in to mine and walk you through it. i promise it can be done and they turn out simply fabulous. ): don't give up!
scrapblog.com is a really neat site because it works like a scrapbook but digital. it has templates to choose from but you can also pretty much build your own. HTH! :)
Advertisements
I love Picaboo.com. I made my son's lifebook using them and also several other photo books with text.
Sara
Have you checked out blurb.com? They even have a bookstore area where you can see books that other people have done
SaraJM
I love Picaboo.com. I made my son's lifebook using them and also several other photo books with text.
Sara
I 2nd SaraJM, I love Picaboo... esp the Picaboo X.
#1 -- free download
#2 -- tutorial on their web page to show u how to use
#3 - Super simple / with lots of optional backgrounds
#4 -- you can print on home computer or purchase book.
Advertisements
I use shutterfly all the time. There is a way to write on the pages, you just have to select a text layout. We did our portfolio, daughter's 1 year old book and 2 year old book, birthmother meeting book and more on there. They also have 10% off orders and book discounts often.
When I look on the Picaso Web albums (Google's online image organiser of desktop photos), they have the following "book" links if you want to make a hard copy album of your photos:
Shutterfly (as you already know)
[url=http://www.lifepics.com/Press/May10-05.htm]SendPhotos to Allow Consumers to Print Photos through LifePics' Network of Photofinishers[/url]
[url=http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Photo-Books/]Create Custom Photo Books | RitzPix.com[/url]
[url=http://photo.walgreens.com/walgreens/welcome]Digital Photo Printing and Free Online Photo Sharing at Walgreens Photo Center[/url]
Hi There,
Not sure if you've found anything by now....but I used "My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Suite 2.0" software for our portfolio. It was easy to work with, had lots of options, and you could insert word docs or type directly into the pages. It was 30$ from amazon. kaaren
Not sure this would apply but our agency just told us about an online program that allows us to create a lifebook with pictures, letters, even scanned documents. The program is for post adoption to share these with the birth parent(s) but we can also have hardcopy books created for us.
We are still waiting to adopt so we have not used it but you might look up childconnect.com
Advertisements