Advertisements
Advertisements
What is the connection between the two in the 60s? I was born at Arlington Hospital (VA), baptized at St. Patrick's in DC, adopted thru CC via St. Ann's.
I'm just beginning my search, preparing my petition to send off to the DC Courts and was trying to piece some info together in the meantime.
I was born at Provident Hospital, also baptized at St. Patrick's and was adopted from the St. Ann Infant Home through Catholic Charities in 1962. That must have been one of the main unwed mother's homes in the DMV area back in the 60s. It is still in existence today.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
It is still there but moved from DC to Hyattsville, MD in 1962.
[url=http://www.stanns.org/history.jsp]:: St. Ann's Infant & Maternity Home :: About Us > History[/url]. You were most likely actually baptized at St. Ann's in their chapel. All of their Baptisms are registered at St. Patrick's in DC
suzi_q
I was born at Provident Hospital, also baptized at St. Patrick's and was adopted from the St. Ann Infant Home through Catholic Charities in 1962. That must have been one of the main unwed mother's homes in the DMV area back in the 60s. It is still in existence today.
I'm looking for my half sister. I think she was born in 62 to a Fredda Dunmire Catholic Charities, Wash, DC. Do you know anything about your birth mother?
I believe I was in the orphanage in Hyattsville MD between 1967 - 1970. Has anyone had any luck getting their orphanage records? If so, could you provide me with some guidance? I have actually located by birth mother and father but before I did they both passed away. I would like to see the orphanage records to provide me some additional information about the first three years of of my life. My birth mother and father were not able to get married before he was sent away to war.
Advertisements
St. Anns does not retain records. You can request non-identifying information from Catholic Charities. Other than that, you will need to have your adoption records unsealed through the courts to obtain the full records.
I believe I was in the orphanage in Hyattsville MD between 1967 - 1970. Has anyone had any luck getting their orphanage records? If so, could you provide me with some guidance? I have actually located by birth mother and father but before I did they both passed away. I would like to see the orphanage records to provide me some additional information about the first three years of of my life. My birth mother and father were not able to get married before he was sent away to war.