Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Above response is great.
Just wanted to add that hubby and I thought we'd never take an exposed baby. We got the call for a newborn baby girl, born on meth, and we immediately had a change of heart on drug exposure and picked her up! That baby is 15 months old now and is the greatest thing that ever happened to us. We adopted her at 11 months old.
Her mom lost 9 kids to her meth problem so yes, it is hard to kick. She just had another baby...so my daughter has a little sister that was also born on meth and adopted out (unfortunately we couldn't take her for a few reasons).
I have to admit, I am not very educated on meth exposed babies and I definitely should be. I've tried to talk to a few MD's about it and they didn't seem knowledgeable at all. I'm now searching for a new doc and am going to make sure I get all the info I need.
My baby never had any withdrawls surprisingly. We bought her home within a few hours of getting the call! She was only 4 days old and was perfectly healthy (although the she tested positive to meth).
No symptoms now or ever. but reading the post above, my little one has gotten several high fevers and now I wonder if it's related. The MD's never thought much of it but I think her high fevers have been a little excessive.