Advertisements
Advertisements
My little Joy Boy is such an angel. I love taking care of him :-). Anyway, I haven't heard word one from anyone about this child. Not his CW, not my RW, no one.
I called and left a message and no return call. Par for the course, I guess.
Anyway, is WIC something we take care of on our own? Should I just go ahead and get an appointment without checking with the CW? Also, I don't see anywhere on the WIC website about foster children. Is it sure that they get WIC regardless of my income status?
do you have his placement papers, his medical card, and something showing the amount of his monthly rate? then you don't need anything else.....you should be able to make the appointment on your own. i can not think of a reason a foster child would not qualify for wic as long as they are under 5. your income is NOT a consideration for your foster son...he is a family of 1 and his "income" is the board rate you receive for him.
at least this has been my experience now in 2 states, and 4 kids. :)
Advertisements
All foster children under the age 5 qualify for Wic. You will need his medicaid card and a letter from your CW or placement papers. If the baby is on special formula Wic will cover almost any formula if is medically prescribed. It doesn't matter how much you make when it comes to foster children your income wouldn't be counted they will only base it on there income.. Good luck to you..
Thanks for these answers. I do have a placement letter (foster parent ID) which has his medicaid number on it, but I don't have his medicaid card or anything about the stipend. I guess I will have to wait to hear something from the CW.
Your Resource Parent ID letter should be enough to get the baby WIC. You will beed to call for an appointment and bring the baby with you for the 1st appointment.
Hey may have already had it with his BP's, you may want to double check with the caseworker if you can, they can just transfer it over to you.
Advertisements
yeah...don't wait...make the appointment and go and take everything you have...either it will be enough, or they will tell you exactly what they still want. sometimes it takes a while to get an appointment.....and sometimes knowing it is a foster child they will give you coupons for the first month right away while you wait on one more piece of info. the medicaid number should be fine....even if you don't have the card. i know all offices are different though...so please...just make an appointment and go. :) as far as the stipend....at one office i just had to tell them the amount, at another i needed it in writing or a copy of the check. so again, just go....and see what they need. or call and ask what the office you will visit requires for foster kids. waiting for the worker may take forever. ;) lol.
I took Fd with my foster parent Id letter. Was able to get checks printed that day.... When she went to live with relatives I took the unused checks back to WIc and they voided them, since they were in my name .