Advertisements
Advertisements
I know I can vent here as many of us have been here before, but can I just tell you how much I hate visitation days. I have two foster daugters ages, 2 1/2 (will be 3 in July) and 13 months. I know this sounds silly, but the J, the older one, is a master at manipulation and thinks that saying she wants Mommy A is bothersome. I am so tempted say "so do I"! sometimes. I never tell her it's vistitation day until the actual day, but I swear she can tell and becomse more demanding and just basically awful. It takes a few days to get her back to normal, tho last week was a bit better. I have to be so consistent with her, I feel like everything is so routine oriented- it's like the military! Consequences for behavior (good and bad) are swift and quick. She is getting better, but, boy, did I underestimate the damage that can be done at such a young age. And the parents are still not in a residential treatment facility as was ordered by the court six weeks ago. The baby is a doll tho! Thanks for letting me vent!-Kate
Advertisements
I did too with my son anyway. Visitation day seemed to devestate him every week. It was so hard to see him cry and scream and be scared to go visit the people that created him. Those 2 hours would knock him out of wack for at least 2 days. It was awful.
My FD on the other hand loved her visits and it was a happy time for her.