Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
The Moscow Times has a large article on line stating that the "Halt" is in effect right now. I too pray that both sides (US and Russia) find a solution quickly.
I remember that when I was in court (in Moscow) the judge made a statement to me via the interpreter, that basically said..... once you take "fostership" his words, that this child is your responsiblity and can not be given back. I was appauld at this statement, but then was told of a husband and wife, that had adopted sisters. They where still in Moscow during their time of processing the children out of the country, and they decided that they no longer wanted the girls! So they took them back to the orphanage and left the country, even though they had already adopted them and where only a few days from coming back to the US!
What is in people's head!!!
I don't know what the solution is. PAPs have GOT TO BE EDUCATED on ALL of the possibitlites that come with parenting a child that has been in the 'system'. We don't always have all of the information about thier years prior to adoption (and sometimes the officials do not either).
My family where concerned when I told them that I was going to adopt. They where concerned not only because I am a single woman doing this, but of all the potential problems/issues. Would I be able to handle them? etc.
I did sooooo much research on my OWN. Almost 6 years ago, there was hardly any requirements for PAP education. Now there is some, but PAPs have to continue to research more on their own.
ALL children will have issues (some small and some BIG). PAPs have to truly look deep inside themselves and make sure that they are willing to deal with anything that comes their way. It is truly not for everyone, but the PAPs that are prepared, it will be your hardest but most wonderful journey of the ♥!!!
Praying that a resolution comes quickly for everyone waiting.....