Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello.
I have just been approached by a family member, a cousin of mine.
She has twins, a boy and a girl, who are about to turn 7 years old.
Last summer they were apprehended by CAS and placed in foster care.
In June they have the court date for crown wardship. :(
She has asked if I would be willing to adopt her two children. She would like an open adoption, defined by being able to write letter, communicate on the phone. Also a couple of visits a year. She would also like updates from me (and my husband) regarding school, etc.
Me and my husband would have full custody, responsibilities and rights.
At home we have a one year old son, and my husbands daughter, who is about to leave for college.
The little boy has Autism Spectrum Disorder, which apparently is very mild, as well as ADHD. The little girl is completely "normal".
They both do well in school, and apparently are doing extremely well in their foster home.
I do not want to seperate these kids, but keep them together.
While the learning disability (right term?) does not worry me, as I grew up with brothers who both had ADHD, one had dyslexia, and other LD's, I have never really dealt with ASD first hand, and would like for information. on it as well as on the whole process I am about to undertake.
Both my husband and I are 100% commited to helping these kids, we just would like information and support so that we can make informed decisions and provide the best care possible once these children come to our home.
Thanks,
Marilyn
1 Liked
 likes this.