Advertisements
Advertisements
One year ago my Athena's beautiful birthmom was murdered by her boyfriend at age 20. She was shot from the back while runnning away from him with her 20 month old daughter. She was in the middle of going to MA school and had further plans in the medical field, and she had two other babies besides my Athena.
She was one amazing person and the world is so much worse off for her loss. I am so glad to have my baby Athena and feel like some part of Gina still lives on.
Please do what you can to stop domestic violence.
Beautiful pictures. I too remember when you shared the tragic news with us & often think about ya'll. What special pictures for Athena to one day treasure.
Advertisements
I'm so glad Athena has you for a mom, a mom that will teach her about her mother and keep her memory alive for her....you have a big heart Oceanica.
I'm sorry for this anniversay :( may the years to come bring healing
I remember when this happened too. What a huge loss for so many. She was a beautiful woman and it's so wonderful you are keeping her memory alive for Athena.
{{{HUGS}}}
Advertisements
Oh Oceanica- I am so sorry. Like many others, I remember when you first shared this with us & I can't believe that a year has gone by. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I think it's beautiful that you're doing this tribute & that you are keeping her memory alive for your daughter. I second Aclee's post about printing a pic & lighting a candle every year to post tribute to her. I'm sure A would like that. She seems like a beautiful young woman with a beautiful spirit. My heart aches because of this senseless crime.
Everyone, thank you so much! I really appreciate you all. It's just such a shame that she was so young and beautiful (inside and out), and that her life and plans were cut short like that. So senseless, as you said Steph. What a sad thing that Athena was cheated of knowing her and that her other 2 children were cheated out of growing up with their mom.
I think I will do that with the candle and picture each year.
Crick, the guy confessed (the whole thing was witnessed by relatives and friends) and he received a sentence of 20 years. With good behavior and so on he'll be out in less than and he's only 19 I believe.
oceanica
Crick, the guy confessed (the whole thing was witnessed by relatives and friends) and he received a sentence of 20 years. With good behavior and so on he'll be out in less than and he's only 19 I believe.
Say it isn't so. That's just criminal right there. :grr:
Hey Oceanica, this case and the sentence reminded me of something that may help you (at least I hope it will).
A friend from high school was murdered (along with his fiance) in their college years. The next day the accomplice surrendered himself & turned states evidence against the primary suspect. For testifying against the primary suspect, the accomplice received 20 years but would get off for good behavior.
Hang with me because this is where it might help you. I don't why (but I am glad it happened) I was put on a list of people to contact every time his parole was up. I would receive a letter in the mail (this was in the early 90's - no email) asking me to sign a letter, write a letter, and/or get more people to sign a letter to mail in. Ocean, I made 100's of copies of that letter and distributed them to everyone in the medical field I knew & some I didn't know. My friend's father & uncle were both well respected healthcare professionals. Receiving this letter went on for several years. Thus, we were successful at stopping the parole for a while. The family of the victims could not get involved but I could & did.
Anyways, I bring this up because maybe there is something you can do here as well. I don't know how you get on that list but maybe you can ask around. Just a thought!
I bring this up beca
Advertisements
How awful a crime domestic violence is. I am so sorry for your heartbreak. Sounds like she was a lovely young woman.
Everyone, thank you so much... I appreciate all of you.
Gina was a beautiful person and will be missed greatly.
Parenting, thanks I may have to do that. It does seem like quite a short sentence to me, but I know nothing about this sort of thing.
Advertisements
How very sad. She was a beautiful young woman whose life was cut short. It is wonderful that she can live on through your daughter though.
I can't believe it's been a year already either. She was such a beautiful girl. I think 20 years is too light of a punishment for that creep who killed her. I hope you find a way to keep him in for the whole time.