Advertisements
Advertisements
Let me start off by saying I am the worst Mom in the world because the crib was recalled in January & I am just now hearing about it. I subscribe to all these Google feeds & info from the CPSC but somehow I missed DD's crib. :grr: :grr:
So, I discover this on Saturday evening because I was having a problem with DD's bed rail not sliding. I dig deep for information (not that I haven't researched this many times before) and finally something pops up to confirm my worst fear.
I go on the company's website but the website is down. I call the company this morning and they said "Well, don't use the crib until we send you the fix." Not a rocket scientist but I already knew that. I ask, "When can you send the kit to fix the problem?" They said, I have to go on their website to order it. However, their website is still down. So, there is no way for them to send out kits so that children can sleep safely until their website is back up. :grr:
I am tired of all the recalls on baby products. When are companies going to start making products safe for our children again? ? ? ? ? :hissy:
Here's is the link to the Dorel-Asia (sold at Sears) crib recall.
[url=http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10114.html]Dorel Asia Recalls To Replace Cribs; Pose Strangulation and Suffocation Hazards: One infant death reported, 10 injuries to infants[/url]
Just in case someone else missed it too.
By the way, their website is still not up and they close for the day in 12 minutes.
Advertisements
It is incredibly frustrating when that happens. I have several friends whose cribs were recalled and they got all sorts of hassles on returning them or having them fixed.
If the website continues to be down and you can't order the correct repair kit, I would contact CPSC and let them know that the manufacturer is not making that kit available to consumers. CPSC is in a big crib safety reform push, so they may be able to help you out or at least put some pressure on the manufacturer to fix their website.
Thank you for the feedback SoybeanQueen! Amazingly enough, a manager did call me back to get the ball rolling. I am not sure when I will get the parts. Had to Fed Ex pictures of the labels on the crib so they can verify I have a recalled crib.