Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Nevada Jen
Thanks Debbie! THe Sunshine Kids directions actually say that as long as she is below the total height limit, once you get to the top rung on the seat it doesn't matter if the shoulders are over the harness slots. I was a little suprised by that but that seat is so heavy duty maybe there are different rules. I can't believe the seat only weighs 25 pounds. Feels like at least 50!
Hmmmmm . . . . That goes contrary to everything I have ever learned. Interesting. It has to do with holding the child back, head incursion, spinal compression, etc so it just doesn't make sense to me. Not saying it isn't true. Just doesn't make sense to me. I am curious now. I will have to do some research. :)
My issue with Regent (it was the Super Elite when we had one) was always the weight. Dang it was a beast! But it was the only option on the market at that time.
I would love to see/play with one of the Radians. I am really intrigued by them but I can't find any place that carries them. Only online. :(
I am constantly amazed at the new seats coming on the market compared to what was out there even 8-9 years ago.
ETA: Went searching on carseat.org forums and found this. [url=http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=19051]Using the Sunshine Kids Radian 65 or 80 above top shoulder slots--PLEASE READ - Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Vehicle & Child Passenger Safety Forums[/url] It is older (2007) and I would like to find more recent discussion, but I found it interesting. My inclination is I would not use it beyond the shoulder height, but it defiently is an opinion/trust in their testing issue. (I found SK's association with the Mighty Tite discussed on that thread interesting too. Does make me trust them less.)