Advertisements
Advertisements
I had a dream last night that DS was kidnapped from daycare. In my dream after a day had passed and he still didnt come home I cried so hard. I actually woke up in tears :(
It was so awful and just a dream. I can't imagine losing my child. I think I would die. Seriously.
I had that kind of dream too one time. Isn't it awful. When you wake up, you're freaked out but so happy all at the same time. Most dreams you forget, not that one. I still remember it vividly. I don't know about you, but I have been so upset over that 7 year old little boy in Oregon who was taken or disappeared right from his school. I can't stop thinking about him. My son will be 7 in a few weeks and his school is very secure, so we think, but i can't help but feel paranoid about it. Maybe you heard a story or saw something on the news that triggered your dream. It was just a dream though, thank god.
Advertisements
myccg2004
I had that kind of dream too one time. Isn't it awful. When you wake up, you're freaked out but so happy all at the same time. Most dreams you forget, not that one. I still remember it vividly. I don't know about you, but I have been so upset over that 7 year old little boy in Oregon who was taken or disappeared right from his school. I can't stop thinking about him. My son will be 7 in a few weeks and his school is very secure, so we think, but i can't help but feel paranoid about it. Maybe you heard a story or saw something on the news that triggered your dream. It was just a dream though, thank god.
That is so it!!! I dropped him off at daycare yesterday and I actually thought about that boy and thought to myself I would die if something happened to my son. I guess it must have stayed in my mind when I went to sleep and it came up in a dream form. Arrgh... not cool.
When my ds was about 2 the neighbor next door put in a pool with a screen enclosure, but no fence. DS was/is extremely impulsive and loved to run out the front door every time he got the chance (which was anytime I took my eye off of him for more than 5 seconds).
Within a few days of them having the pool I had a dream that I could not find ds. I searched and called until I remembered the pool. I ran as fast as I could (but you know how everything goes in slow motion in dreams) and found him at the bottom of the pool. It was so vivid and scary. I could see that he had on the pj's that he cut a hole in the shirt of and his hair was floating. I woke up in a cold sweat, crying and nauseous. DS is 6 now and I remember that dream like it was yesterday.
We installed a dead-bolt on the front door and thankfully within a couple of weeks the neighbor installed a fence. I have always been hyper-vigilent about my kids not going near that pool, though!
I hate scary dreams involving loved ones... they tend to stay with you for days.
Alyssa, I'm going to have to say that dream was your gut telling you to installing safety measures. I'm glad you took action!
Most of my (bad) dreams have been about me doing something stupid or weird! One time I dreamed I put my 4 year-old on the subway and waved at her as the train rolled off. I then, in the dream, thought, "I'm in big trouble! Why did I do that?" I've also dreamed that I had her in a stroller and just walked off without her--leaving her on the street corner.
I guess I worry that I'm not going to do a good job raising her and those worries pop up in exaggerated form in my sleep.
Advertisements
I worry about my darling child all the time but hardly have scary dreams about her. I guess my brains just get tired and want a "time out". lol
Oh man I hate those!!!!
Let's see, the few I've had in the last year...
1) dh had left the second floor window open and I managed to barely catch DD before she fell
2) I was having lunch with a friend and Chris was running around with other kids, looked away one minute and he was gone... the place was surrounded by traffic but people thought he had been kidnapped.
3) I was at the beach and went to a nearby hotel to use the bathroom, leaving the kids on the beach, and just when I came out a plane crashed at that spot
4) we were visiting some houses with dh, then at some point I asked him where the kids were and he couldn't remember what he did with them.
They were all awful... I remember every detail for each of them.
I hear ya. I have had dreams off and on about ONE of my sons drowning. Always at whatever age he is. It scares the HECK out of me because we all (except DD) love the water.
I think I'm probably just transferring because *I* used to dream about me drowning, but don't anymore. But it really bothers me that it always the same child. And I'm always there, but for some reason I'm never able to move. As a mother who is also a swimmer and former lifeguard they are really troubling. The most recent one was this past week, I could "hear" my other son and husband in the yard and was YELLING at them for help - but they couldn't hear me. Didn't sleep much after thant.......
we've had a couple of minor earthquakes over the weekend. I dreamed a couple nights ago that there was a big earthquake and I couldn't get to L's crib and everything was falling down....I was moving in slow motion.
I know this dream stemmed from worry because I used to give a flip about earthquakes....lived in CA my whole life.....it's different now that I have a helpless one at home too.
Advertisements
I've had those too, or ones where my kids have died. I just wake up a sobbing, hysterical mess and end up in their bedrooms watching them breathe.
For me, it will typically fall in line with something I saw on the news. Maybe you were thinking about that 7yo little boy missing...
I know what you mean though, I think about something happening to one of my kids and I want to die. Seriously, I couldn't live. And then, I think, I wouldn't have the luxury of dying since I'd still (God willing) have another child who needs me.
CRAZY MOM STUFF!!! When will the worry end??