Advertisements
Advertisements
Our FS has been on basic level in Texas. Since we'll be adopting him soon, our CW has been trying to get his level raised so that he can qualify for subsidy/medicaid.
Our FS was just approved for Moderate level today!
Question - does this mean he'll automatically qualify for subsidy? That's what we were told, but hearing different things.
We do have a great letter from his dr which we figured would help us to get him the basic level subsidy at least.
But with him being moved to moderate, would that mean he would qualify for a certain amount of dollars each month, from $400-540? Or do we still need to show 'proof' of what we need the monetary part for?
I wasn't sure how it works when they are no longer on basic level.
Oh FYI, he's caucasin and under 2 yrs old, so under normal circumstances he would not qualify for anything. But he has ECI and ST working with him each month and was approved based on these things, as well as the dr letter.
Thanks for any info you can provide. This pertains to the state of Texas.
Our FS is basic level, Caucasian and under 2 also. We filled out the subsidy form but I don't think he will qualify. He only does Speech weekly and OT monthly. I was told all moderate levelsl would qualify. No where on the form did it ask for proof of what you wanted the subsidy for.
Our other FC is basic level Caucasian and under 2 but wears hearing aids and does speech weekly. We were told this child should qualify for a subsidy but no one has talked about raising the level to moderate.
I wish they were able to keep their insurance since these therapies are expensive it would be nice to have the medicaid as a secondary insurance. We sent the papers in a couple weeks ago but haven't heard back from them yet.
Advertisements
both of our boys are moderate level and we got full subsidy and medicaid (medicaid is now thru our state) but yes we did need to detail on the forms what we thought they would need like tutors, daycare, camp, etc.
My form just have a place to check if you were requesting subsidy, medicaid or adoption expenses. Maybe it was different because we don't qualify or maybe since we haven't finished all the paperwork we have more to fill out?
DCH - are you in TX? If so, there was about 4 or 5 pages I think. We checked the boxes, and then on the next pages it lists what things you would need it for.
I would think with ST and OT coming he'd qualify. Did you see if your doc would write a letter for you?
Our FS has ST 2 times a week and OT twice a month. The dr wrote a great letter, which is what I think helped push him into the moderate level.
I would really try and fight for it. List how much ST and OT would cost you each month if you had to pay out of pocket.
We are in Texas also. Sounds like our worker only brought us the first page of subsidy form. I will see about getting a dr. note. I had note from the therapist but not dr. I haven't heard back from the subsidy yet I will give our worker a call and see about getting the rest of the sheets. Thanks I had no idea we were missing anything.
Advertisements
Our girl was determined "specialized" level, so she is eligible for the highest subsidy amount. We still had to fill out that long document, provide quotes for summer/after school care, etc.