Advertisements
Advertisements
I haven't been on the boards for what seems like an eternity. However, I am at my wit's end.
Background: After 7 years of beating head against wall baby boy brought home from hospital at 2 days old. BF contests adoption 2 weeks before finalization creating a year and a half struggle ending in a finalized adoption :banana: . Baby girl brought home a year later at 9 months ending in finalized adoption :happydance: . Son's bmom keeps having babies and is pg again with 3rd child since ds. Calls me at 2am saying she and bf are being tailed by DEA and children are with her, they will be taken and baby will be taken at birth, begs me to take children with bf encouraging her in background. Nothing happens that night, but with the admission of drug use etc we get homestudy updated. Baby is born, not tested for drugs in a deal between birthmom and dr that she will get tubes tied. BF goes to prison. We decide we were excited about 3rd child regardless of where came from so adopted newborn through private agency baby boy #2 :cheer: . When ds II was 6 months old, receive sobbing phone call from birthmom that DFS taking children , again begs me to take them...this time temporarily. I agree, bring children home (ages 1,2,3, 11) supposed to be for 2 weeks according to social worker. 2 weeks later worker says could be 6 months. 6 months later worker says probably 1 year. 1 year later worker says 15 months. At 15 months when they tell me 2 years I say get off the pot and do what you are going to do so they return oldest to birthmom and send younger 3 off to paternal great grandmother. 3 months later oldest calls and tells me she has been abandoned. I go get oldest and hotline situation. Oldest is placed back with us and birthmom charged with child endangerment for 3rd time. 2 months after that BF is released from jail. 1 month after that I take oldest to court date. They never call us in and after about 2 hours come in with 3 youngest and ask if I will take them home they are being removed from ggma shots fired at res, parollee living in shed behind house, arrests made for domestic violence out of house while children were there, unauthorized visits with bf etc. Say plan is changing to adoption. Middle one who is now 4 says to me "I like to go with you, you're my mom" so I agree because we all love them and if it is forever then we can do it. Major reunification celebration in parking lot when my 3 kids see the girls. I keep that memory front and center to call up when they are arguing with each other over who got the reddest koolaid in their cups. Things settle into routine, kids happy and healthy. 3 months go by, the numbers provided by BF are disconnected. They send a worker to his residence only to be told he doesn't live there. Neither bf or ggma so much as make a call to dfs in 3 months. Then ggma calls and wants to see them, asks if she can get them back. Worker calls me and says they will start weekly supervised visits at the office. Says she has talked to team and all agree. Says plan never changed and guardianship with ggma is still the plan. WTH??? :hissy: I have rode this ride before and I know that weekly supervised visits turn into unsupervised turns into custody change! Do they think we are stupid? We get on phone to CASA, say they knew nothing about it and are not supportive. JO says they thought we were on board. GAL is impossible to tell what he is thinking. I can not believe they would seriously consider sending them back. That place is not safe for ME, much less little children. Plus, on what planet does someone take no interest for 3 months and with one phone call get weekly visits?? I feel lied to, they said adoption at court, that was not true. They said team agreed to these visits and either worker is lying or team is lying. If they take these kids again I want every person responsible from the judge on down to be there when my kids say goodbye to these girls. These kids have been kicked around more than a 3 legged dog and no one seems to care. Is there anything I can do?
Wow... its really all I can say after reading your situation. What a horrible situation for the kids! No words of advice,...but wanted to send you tons of HUGS and that Im hoping people come to their senses and do whats right by the kids.
Advertisements
It is so sad to see cases like this. Does the state care at all about these kids living a normal life? Are they going to string these kids along forever. So sad. Not sure what you can do. Why is the GAL not supportive? Does he/she know what has happened?
Sorry I don't have better advise. I just don't get whey they would let grandma have another try after deciding she was not safe before.
we are in missouri also. had a similiar situation. we filed or own tpr and adoption, going against the state, bp's and grandma. was very costly but worth it.
What Sunshineprincess said... and I didn't used to know, so mentioning that "intervene" is a legal term for saying that you think you should be the adoptive parents. Of course you want the best attorney you can find.
Was this said in court? " Say plan is changing to adoption." Sounds like perhaps not. But if it was, it's in a transcript. The CASA attorneys and the judge have access to it, if you intervene, your atty might.
I would also call the CASA back, and ask her/him if they've talked to their attys about this case, if so, what did they think. Ask if CASA/ their atty think intervention is in the best interest of the children, and if it would be successful.
Ask for a bonding assessment for the children.
Advertisements
Yes, it really is a sad situation and one needs to stay sensible to stop such incidences. You and the kids are very brave to have gone through all this.
Advertisements