Advertisements
Advertisements
Generally how does the cost of the sibling adoptions work? What costs will be shared between the two, and what will be duplicated? Overall, I assume it is less than total adoption cost for one child X 2, but about how does it break down.
I have such a heart for sisters -- I love my own so much -- and I feel called to protect the bonds of sisters and create a big estrogen bond among the 3 (4?) of us. :grouphug:
Last update on January 23, 9:23 am by Sachin Gupta.
Our adoption of 4 siblings was not "discounted" for additional siblings. But in my state, adopting a sibling group of 3 or more kids qualifies as a special needs adoption. Adoption expenses of "special needs" foster kids are completely reimbursable in our state. Our attorney and county clerk all worked a deal with us so we didn't have to pay everything all at once, and we will get all of it back. Each state defines special needs for itself, check out what it means where you live. Sibling groups have a harder time getting adopted but it is INCREDIBLY important for most kids to be able to stay together.
Advertisements
I'm in California and besides the court fees, all of our adoption fees have been waived because we're adopting through foster care.
The court fees will remain the same for a sib set because all the paperwork is filed together. There will be double the fees for the birth certificates and Social security cards and things that are per child.
We have four bio children and are looking at adopting 3 siblings. My concern is does the state of Texas help adoptive parents with a monthly stipend? We are doing well with our finances but bringing 3 more children into the family will put a strain in our budget.
A sibling group of three would be considered a special needs adoption. There is a subsidy which includes a number of things (monthly $, medicaid, lifetime college tuition, respite, therapy, etc).
I have the same problem as PCTX. We have four bio kids and have plenty of room and want to bring in a sibling group but not the budget. Is the stipend through the state or the federal gov? Would we qualify if we adopted a sibling group from another state? We are looking at a group of 5 right now but they are in a different state. Trying to figure out how to do it financially. Is there a place that gives more information on the stipend? I was looking last night and couldn't find much.
Advertisements
I don't mean to be harsh, but if your budget is already stretched, why not wait until you're in a better financial situation?
Here in foster care I believe they will not offer adoption to you if your finances can't support it without additional budget/stipends.