Advertisements
Advertisements
I am trying to get non -id information to gain access to proof I am part chinook indian - I have no information on my adoption at all except I am Chinook indian and German, I was born in Lycoming County PA (however that court has no records of my adoption) and I was told I was adopted from Lycomong County Orphange - but there seems to have never been one.
I was also told I have siblings ----
Anyone have any sucess with having adoption records opened based on the 1978 ICWA
Rob, I suppose you have gone to the chinooknation.org website, correct? This is a Northwest Indian Nation. Perhaps you can start there. They list a phone number and email. Email might be the way to start, maybe. Do you have any info on your ancestors? Well, during the past we all got adopted out of our tribes and the government tried to assimilate us into the mainstream society so a lot of us were sent into the middle of the United States and away from our people. Our tribes know this happened. But it sure helps if you know anything about the last name of an ancestor to start to trace and I know that can be hard.
Here's that email addy:
office@chinooknation.org
and good luck. Toshwak
Advertisements