Advertisements
Advertisements
We are interested in a nsn or minor need sibling group but money is to tight to double or triple the fees. Which countries do you know of that don't have more fees? And which agencies? I already know it will cost more for the visas, plane tickets etc.
Thanks and please pm me if you have heard of either that I can research and contact.
In general, you are not going to find "discounts" for adopting infants or toddlers who are healthy or have minor special needs. Countries and agencies don't need to provide incentives for adopting these children; in fact, there are often waiting lists, because there are more families interested in such children than there are children available.
As an example, families are always interested in NSN infant or toddler twins, which are rarely available in any country -- to the point where some agencies wind up setting very tough requirements with regard to income and such, mainly to reduce the number of people who apply and linger on waiting lists.
However, if you are open to children who are hard to place, you will often find that an agency will reduce its fees for their adoption. By "hard to place" children, I'm referring to:
1. Individual children with very significant special needs.
2. Individual children over around age ten -- possibly a bit younger if they are boys, since school aged boys are always harder to place than girls.
3. Sibling groups of at least three children, especially if at least one child is 6 or older or has a special need.
Do remember that every child in an orphanage needs food, clothes, medical attention, and staff to provide day to day care. Some countries, like China, have a set orphanage fee, which is per child, and which goes to offset the cost of caring for a child from the time he/she comes into care to the time he/she gets adopted, and which also serves to provide services for children who will never be adopted due to age or disabiity. Unless an agency can find donors willing to pick up these costs, the adoptive family will have to pay the fee for each child who is adopted. This is how the orphanage manages to continue providing care.
Sharon
Advertisements
I've seen from several sources that Bulgaria charges the same fees for one child as for a sibling group.
And I've found one agency that has a program in Bulgaria that said they only charge the same fee as to adopt one child.
I was wondering if anyone has any other countries or agencies to add?
Thanks
The question becomes, however, whether Bulgaria has young, relatively healthy sibling groups available. My understanding is that children from Bulgaria are eligible for international adoption ONLY if three Bulgarian families decline to adopt them, and that the Bulgarian government has given priority to placing children with special needs and school aged children.
Sharon
I'm wondering this same thing. Our family is actually interested in adopting from Bulgaria and also interested in a sibling set/group possibly and open to older children and/or children with special needs. But how in the world do I find out all of this? I mean - I'd love to help these children who might otherwise just spend the rest of their childhood without a family in an orphanage and then just be told "good luck with life" when they reach a certain age. But the fees for international adoption are high and unless there is something like what you're looking for also where it doesn't cost much more if adopting sibling groups of older children or if one or more is special needs, etc... - then we're limited to adopt one child at a time over a long period of time. I'd much rather help keep some kids together who might otherwise have to separate or stay in an orphanage. Anyone have info on this?? Anyone adopted siblings from Bulgaria??
I am adopting from Bulgaria, so I might be able to give you some info. Children in Bulgaria must be denied by 3 families in country. However, many of them are denied quickly due to being Roma, which is not desirable to most Bulgarians. Adoptions are picking up in Bulgaria and there are sibling groups and multiple children be adopted at once occurring. Feel free to pm me if you have other questions. I would also suggest that you check out the Bulgaria Adopt Yahoo group if you decide to go with Bulgaria.
Advertisements
I believe Honduras doesn't have many additional fees for adopting siblings. It won't be double or triple since your fees like homestudy and travel (2 trips) will be about the same. You would have to check with the agencies to get the exact answer. PM me if you want agency names who have programs.
Poland is one fee for adoption, no matter the number adopted at once. However, the children have to have been available for in country adoption for a year before they become eligible for international adoption.