Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Linny
IF you live in IL; and want to adopt a baby/child born in another state, IL LAW requires that you have to have that DCFS license (foster to adopt) before you can even consider it. THIS *I KNOW* is true. BTDT more than once.
Each state has it's own laws concerning licensure. I think IL is nuts to require this; but it's not the only thing IL is known for being nuts on, KWIM? LOL
That's really weird. Maybe it's a way for the state to get money from its citizens that are adopting out of state.
Linny
I don't know what IN requires; but, if I"m understanding your specific question.......*you* live in IN, and you want to get into the DCFS system in IL to possibly adopt a baby/child-----correct?
Yes I actually had two questions. This is one. What if I live in IN and want to adopt a child born in IL that is NOT part of the DCFS system? Do I still have to get a foster license from IN or IL?
I don't even know why I'm asking...we're starting to seriously consider adopting from foster care. So we'd have to get licensure in IN no matter what.