Advertisements
Advertisements
I just thought I would start a thread on this and see what others might have to share, about it. This can be benefits from using milk other than as food, emotional or physical benefits, to mom and baby, etc..
There are several ways to use breast milk besides using it as food. It is wonderful for treating irritations and infections. My son, Thomas, had very dry skin. His cheeks would get badly cracked. I started rubbing a little bit of my milk into them whenever he nursed, and than kept the cracks under control. I used Eucerin cream on them, too, but my milk was very handy!
Breast milk is very good eye infections. It doesn't irritate them at all, like prescription antibiotic drops, and clears them right up. I even used my milk to clear up eye infections in my cats. If you have a baby with a cold, with thick mucous coming out of their nose, drop a little milk into the nose, and it will clear up the problem!
It is also the best thing to use for sore nipples. Just hand express a few drops, spread it around, and let it dry. The only exception is if you have thrush, because the thrush will feed on the lactose in the milk. In that case, it is a good idea to rinse with warm water after nursing and let it dry completely before putting any clothing over them.
Any others?