Advertisements
Advertisements
I have been searching for my birth family for many years and have hit one brick wall after another. I have recently learned that there may have been a legal notice place regarding my pending adoption in the Standard Examiner. I have contacted the Weber County library and they have archives of the Standard Examiner at the main branch on microfilm. I would go there myself to look at them but I live on the other side of the country. I have what I believe to be most of the information that would be needed to find a match in the paper. The lawyers name and address, adoptive parents names and address (at the time of the adoption), the probate number, the judges name etc. I would be looking for any other names or information that might have been mentioned in that legal notice that might aid in my search. If you or someone you know is willing or able to help me search these archives please pm me and I will give you all the information.
Update to my original post....
I found someone to look at the microfilm for the Standard Examiner and found a slight possibility of a match. However, I am looking into the fact that the adoption was finalized in Logan (Cache County) and need to find someone that would be willing/able to look through those microfilms at the Cache County library in Providence UT. If you can or know someone that can help me with this I would be forever greatful!
Advertisements
I'm also searching in ogden utah for birth family info. Looks like you posted this awhile ago, not sure if it's still active. I'd like to chat with you, let me know if you are interested.