Advertisements
Advertisements
Ok, so i want to order the Lact-aid tonight and i am looking at ordering the Deluxe version. But i also want more of the tubing so that i have more than one set-up. But im confused. on the website you can get bag tubes w/ connectors, or you can get a 4 pack of training units. Which consist of feeding tube assembly, bag-clamp ring, tube connector, and tube. So my question is for anyone who has one, do i just have to get more tubing, or does the whole entire system have to be washed out everytime? in that case i need to get the 4-pack of training units??
Emom is due TOMMOROW and ive finally given in and figure i better order the lact-aid before baby comes. Tomm is my first day of pumping so i doubt i will have anything by the time he comes. Any help greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Rach
I really have no idea, as I've looked at the Lact-Aid site and it confuses me too. I think it's great that you'll be using it though. Everyone I've spoken with really likes the Lact-Aid over Medela's SNS. I used the SNS with my bio son since he was a preemie and had feeding problems. It was just so hard to use! I think I will be ordering the Lact-Aid so let me know what you decide.
Advertisements
curiousaboutgeorge
I really have no idea, as I've looked at the Lact-Aid site and it confuses me too. I think it's great that you'll be using it though. Everyone I've spoken with really likes the Lact-Aid over Medela's SNS. I used the SNS with my bio son since he was a preemie and had feeding problems. It was just so hard to use! I think I will be ordering the Lact-Aid so let me know what you decide.
ill let you know how it goes. Im confused too. And their return policy isnt the greatest. 30 days to return plus a 20% restocking fee on everything that is returned. And anything that is open cant be returned. So im not sure what to get. I guess i wanted to order it all at the same time cuz there are shipping fees that i dont want to pay twice. Otherwise i would just get the lact aid and once i get it- see what parts i actually need. But then i have to pay shipping twice. But the Trainer parts one is like $60 for all four of them and that isnt exactly cheap. Esp. if they arent what i need!! And from what ive seen, you cant buy the darn thing anywhere else BUT their website. At least i can tfind anywhere that sells them on the net. Maybe someone else knows!! Thanks, Rach
rd200
Ok, so i want to order the Lact-aid tonight and i am looking at ordering the Deluxe version. But i also want more of the tubing so that i have more than one set-up. But im confused. on the website you can get bag tubes w/ connectors, or you can get a 4 pack of training units. Which consist of feeding tube assembly, bag-clamp ring, tube connector, and tube. So my question is for anyone who has one, do i just have to get more tubing, or does the whole entire system have to be washed out everytime? in that case i need to get the 4-pack of training units??
Emom is due TOMMOROW and ive finally given in and figure i better order the lact-aid before baby comes. Tomm is my first day of pumping so i doubt i will have anything by the time he comes. Any help greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Rach
I would get the 4 pack of training units. you have to clean and sanitize all the parts between each use especially with a newborn.
I hope you hear good news soon! Good luck with the pumping as well!!
Thank you- i knew someone would know what i needed. I will order them today then. Yes, this morning i started pumping!! yeah!! Unfortunetly i am not a patient person and get discouraged easily, so i am really hoping that in a week or so, i will get some sorta sign that this is working or im gonna be really upset. But i think that if baby ever decides to come, once i have him, it might come easier just because of the baby and all the smells, touches, etc. Im dieing, i havent heard from her at all as to if she is having any signs of labor. But maybe she just doesnt want to share with me either, which is fine. Ill just not so patiently wait for her to call me. Thanks, Rach
I feel for you. Patiently waiting for anything is one of the hardest things to do! Then couple it with, I don't know, the most monumental thing in your life and it's nearly impossible! Hang in there though because it's all worth it!
Don't get discouraged with the pumping if you don't get anything for a while. I can't remember exactly when my milk started, but I know it was at least a week after pumping. I think almost 2. I did get the clear/opaque sticky drops at first though. Have you noticed that yet?
Advertisements
HopefulMom2bee
I feel for you. Patiently waiting for anything is one of the hardest things to do! Then couple it with, I don't know, the most monumental thing in your life and it's nearly impossible! Hang in there though because it's all worth it!
Don't get discouraged with the pumping if you don't get anything for a while. I can't remember exactly when my milk started, but I know it was at least a week after pumping. I think almost 2. I did get the clear/opaque sticky drops at first though. Have you noticed that yet?
Nope, just pumped for the first time this morning. I did however have a dream last night that i pumped when the baby got home and i got like 5 ounces!!! So maybe my brain was trying to do some wishful thinking!!! haha Cuz thats not going to happen i dont think.
I think the breastfeeding adds a whole nother element on top of just bringing a new baby home. I mean, espiecally since i cant just "nurse" and be done. it will kinda be like once i get the baby fed, everything cleaned up, etc, ill have to do it all over again in another hour. That adds a significant amount of stress and time than just having a newborn baby that you can mix up formula for and bottle feed. But since ill be home for 6 weeks, as long as the house isnt a disaster and there's food on the table for my son and hubby, it will be fine to spend all that extra time on trying to nurse. THanks, Rach
It used to be that the only way to get more than two units was to buy additional kits. That meant that ended up with multiple neck cords, funnels, syringes and bag hangers, and instruction books, too. I think it was about ten years ago that they decided to offer a package of four more units, for about the same price as a double kit, which was a much more efficient way to go about getting enough units that you can just wash and fill once or twice a day. It takes a great deal of stress and effort away, not having to keep washing and filling over and over. I suggest getting either a double kit, and a four pack. With six, you can do washing and filling once, most days, and twice two or three times a week. It is nice if you can get your husband to help with that chore,too.
I will write to Lact-Aid and suggest that they put a better explanation with the four pack. I don't know anyone there, since Jimmie Lynne Avery passed away, last year, but hopefully someone there will listen. I knew Jimmie for many years and was very sad to learn of her passing. She made it possible for lots of moms and babies to nurse that wouldn't have been able to, otherwise. Medela even got their idea for a device for tube feeding at the breast from the Lact-Aid, although patents made them make the SNS very different.
It used to be that the only way to get more than two units was to buy additional kits. That meant that ended up with multiple neck cords, funnels, syringes and bag hangers, and instruction books, too. I think it was about ten years ago that they decided to offer a package of four more units, for about the same price as a double kit, which was a much more efficient way to go about getting enough units that you can just wash and fill once or twice a day. It takes a great deal of stress and effort away, not having to keep washing and filling over and over. I suggest getting either a double kit, and a four pack. With six, you can do washing and filling once, most days, and twice two or three times a week. It is nice if you can get your husband to help with that chore,too.
I will write to Lact-Aid and suggest that they put a better explanation with the four pack. I don't know anyone there, since Jimmie Lynne Avery passed away, last year, but hopefully someone there will listen. I knew Jimmie for many years and was very sad to learn of her passing. She made it possible for lots of moms and babies to nurse that wouldn't have been able to, otherwise. Medela even got their idea for a device for tube feeding at the breast from the Lact-Aid, although patents made them make the SNS very different.
Advertisements