Advertisements
Advertisements
So I met my 24 yr old son this weekend. I am at a loss for words on how to express how it went. Wonderful, amazing, thrilling, exciting , emotional and I could go on and on.
He was the most amazing man I have ever met. We cried and laughed and cried some more. There was a instant bond between us. We spent the whole weekend together just being with each other. I met his friends and it was WOW amazing. He and my oldest daughter met and they hit it off so well. We all had dinner lots of laughter, tears and more pictures. I was not sure what I would feel when I saw him , but it was like we had never parted. We are already planning our next meeting in February and I can not wait. :clap:
I just have one question anyone out there have a successful realtionship with their child after the meeting?
Any advice ?
Hi Oh I'm sooo happy for you!! Your reunion sounds wonderful.
I am a reunited adoptee - I am reunited with my birth siblings as sadly, my bmom had passed away before I found her. And, yes, we have a relationship. We don't live close to one another but we email, talk on the phone and even use snail mail.
I think that sharing with one another is so important, respecting each other, and even setting boundaries if necessary. Being honest and taking things slowly.
wishing you much happiness!
Snuffie
Advertisements
:love:
Christmas eve marked 100 days of our reunion! I created a special dessert for us to share. Iced on top was "100 days Mother and Son!". The best part of the celebration was when his 7 yr old surprised us by singing a song she wrote for especially for us!
I have been in reunion with my birthson for the last five years. We have what he calls a "comfortable" relationship. He gets along with his half-sibs as well. Unfortunately he moved to TN this year so it's been 6 months since I saw him and his family. It's about time for a road trip. (LOL)
Onevoicecan
So I met my 24 yr old son this weekend. I am at a loss for words on how to express how it went. Wonderful, amazing, thrilling, exciting , emotional and I could go on and on.
He was the most amazing man I have ever met. We cried and laughed and cried some more. There was a instant bond between us. We spent the whole weekend together just being with each other. I met his friends and it was WOW amazing. He and my oldest daughter met and they hit it off so well. We all had dinner lots of laughter, tears and more pictures. I was not sure what I would feel when I saw him , but it was like we had never parted. We are already planning our next meeting in February and I can not wait. :clap:
I just have one question anyone out there have a successful realtionship with their child after the meeting?
Any advice ?
I'm glad yours turned out well! Such an amazing experience. I reunited with both my mom and dad, after 20 years, about 5 months ago and it couldn't've gone better. I talk to them every single day and visit them about once a month. They are not in a relationship with each other but they talk to each other and we have all three gotten together just one time, but it was super amazing and we r going to again sometime. Best thing that ever happened to me, honestly nothing that will ever happen to me can top it
Advertisements
After just 7 months since our first conversation my son is now living next door. We get closer every day! We have so much in common. He's been welcomed into the extended family and feels so loved. He glad to be finally "home". Good luck and much joy to you!
So happy for you I hope continues forward! I have a few more threats till my son turns 18 and I hope it goes as well