Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I'll definitely keep everyone updated. :)
Cam's metal fixation is all encompassing. If she can find it, it will go in her mouth. For example, at My Gym (play place around here, chain I think...) she was put in a hammock with some other babies. As soon as she saw a metal clip on one of the ropes, she was all over it, trying to figure out how to contort her body to get it in her mouth. Yesterday, I clipped her nails, with a pair of baby clippers that are mostly plastic, except the clipper part. If she sits fairly well and lets me do it, without trying to poke the clippers, I tell her she can chew it when I am done. I give them to her, and she flips it so she can get the metal, that is not very mouth friendly, into her mouth. I figured that might cure her of the want to chew on them. Nope.
The fabulous mother I am, I forgot she had them, went about washing her diapers, when she crawls into the bathroom with me...and she is STILL chewing on them 20 or so minutes later. I had to pry them out of her hands, and distract her with something else shiny and new. Sigh. I may give her a spoon, and see if she carries it around with her...just to test how long she would go if I left her alone.