Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My first thought was, "Because she has no fillings!" :D
The coolness is a consideration. Does she do this ALL the time, or at certain times? And like Parenting said, does she do anything else that you notice as different or 'odd'? Sometimes keeping a mini-journal can help find any patterns to behaviors. Something like every a.m. after having o.j. for breakfast she chews on metal.
And what kind of metal? Silverware? Metal table legs? Keys? Is a particular shape of metal more appealing than another?
If you want to talk with your ped about it you'll need specific info, like when, what, where, how often, to what extent, etc. I think ped's hear SO much about the odd things kids do that unless you have specific info for something your child is doing that is troubling you then they don't hear what you're saying. If you go in and say, "Every day for 3 hours a day Cam chews on spoons exclusively and won't do anything else" your ped has info to which he/she can respond, vs. "Cam chews on metal" which is too vague. (My 2yo threw fits. "All 2 yo's throw fits" was the response. If I'd known about the journaling and documenting I would have said, "My 2 yo throws fits for little or no apparent reason, becomes self-injurious, and the fits last for a minimum of an hour and a half, during which time I am unable to calm him, and they happen four to eight times per day." This is indicative of a problem behavior, not typical 2 yo tantrums.)