Advertisements
Advertisements
I was adopted at birth and have no information regarding the adoption since it was sealed. I would like to know my birthfamilys medical history but have no clue where to start. Any insights would be helpful.
Hi Pookeyla, The profile part of adoption.com isn't working right now. Tell us where you were born and where your adoption was finalized. Different states have different laws on reuniting.:wings:
pookeyla
I was adopted at birth and have no information regarding the adoption since it was sealed. I would like to know my birthfamilys medical history but have no clue where to start. Any insights would be helpful.
Advertisements
I was born in Kentucky, not sure where it was finalized. My adopted dad was in the service so from what they told me after they got me, we went to Georgia I think. not sure
pookeyla, if you can get the information on where your adoption was finalized you can get some information from the court records.
Most states have site set up where adoptees can go to get medical info provided by the b-parents. In some cases the b-parents have not provided any medical information.
Additionally, you are entitled to non-id info. Usually a part of the court records contains some information when the adoption was finalized. The state will determine how much of that information you can have.
All states have a court where adoption is carried out or attempts are made to unseal the records.
You do have to know where the adoption was finalized because those adoption records will be in that particular court.
I wish you the best.
Thanks, I have just started posting, been watching for any one searching my birthdate or place but no luck.
thanks for the info.